So every once in a while people ask me how long I’ve been doing comedy, and my standard answer for a few years has been, “I don’t know, six, eight years?” Last week it struck me that I went down to my first open mic ever in November of 2005, so I’ve officially been at this for a full decade. I’m as shocked as you are.
In honor of the occasion, I dug up the MySpace blog archive that they emailed me when they deleted all their blogs. This is the blog I published to MySpace nine years ago, to celebrate a year of performing at open mic nights:
(I also appear to be pretty excited that my MySpace blog has had 2,000 hits. Pretty generous of MySpace to call ‘pageviews’ ‘readers’.)
Anyway, back to the present: This weekend is the wonderful Beatles Festival in Dublin. There’s lots of stuff you should go check out. I will be performing a (very) small part in the stage play about Pete Best on Sunday.
Upcoming gigs! Come say hello!
- 8 November, Comedy Crunch, Stag’s Head, Dublin
- 9 November, NUI Maynooth, Kildare
- 18 November, Inn Jokes, the Patriots Inn pub, Dublin
- 19 November, Laughter Lounge, Dublin
- 20 November, Laughter Lounge, Dublin
- 21 November, Laughter Lounge, Dublin
- 21 November, Santa Strike Force Comedy Fundraiser, Cassidy’s, Dublin
- 23 November, Headline set, Comedy Crunch, Stag’s Head, Dublin
- 25 November, DSire Launch Event, Grafton Lounge, Dublin
- 25 November, Laugh Out Loud, Anseo, Dublin
- 27 November, LOL in Naul (supporting Ardal O’Hanlon), Fingal, County Dublin
- 29 November, Unhinged Comedy, Ha’Penny Bridge Inn, Dublin
- 15 December, Comedy Crunch, Dublin
- 11 January, Comedy Crunch, Dublin